Tae Kwon Do For Kids
There are many reasons for kids to become involved in the Martial Arts. CBBA has developed a program based on traditional Tae Kwon Do for children. The Tae Kwon Do for kids system is based on a lifetime learning concept in addition to technical skills. The building blocks for our system are monthly themes such as:
In addition to monthly themes, our system includes the unique victory patch. Kids are rewarded with special “Victory Stripes”. These different colored stripes are awarded for outstanding performance in Tae Kwon Do class, school, at home or at a tournament competition. Students may receive stripes for the following deeds
YELLOW: Straight A’s, honor roll, or significant improvement. GREEN: Special Performance awards, demonstration performance. BLUE: Special Performance awards, demonstration performance.RED: Tournament, JR. Olympic training participation.Four different colored winner patches are available to accommodate all the stripes that can be earned by a high achieving Tae Kwon Do kid:
YELLOW:0-25 StripesGREEN:26-50 StripesBLUE:51-99 StripesRED:100 + StripesTae Kwon Do For Adults
We train our students to the best of their ability. Adults of all ages, gender and physical condition come to learn the art of Tae Kwon Do. Most come to us with limited flexibility and a desire to improve their physical condition. We have had some adults who started at age 75 and have still earned their black belts. As a student, you are looked upon as an individual and never compared to anyone else. Our instructors will be there every step of the way. All that is expected of you is the willingness to try today.
Benifits you can expect from training at CBBA
When the speed and power developed through Tae Kwon Do is used in a self-defense situation against the soft, vulnerable part of an attacker’s body, the result can be devastating. Tae Kwon Do allows a woman to emphasize learning a method of self-defense efficient against a much larger opponent. Knowing you can defend yourself, your confidence will grow. Confidence alone is usually enough to deter potential attackers.
This does not come naturally for many people, but self-confidence can be developed over a period of time. Through Tae Kwon Do, as you accomplish new goals, your confidence level increases. Tae Kwon Do instills a sense of discipline and self-confidence that can carry over to all aspects of your life.
The principles of Tae Kwon Do techniques are based on the design of your body. For power you develop the larger, powerful muscles of the torso. The speed for the techniques comes from the fast, agile muscles of the arms and legs. As you progress in Tae Kwon Do, you will learn to coordinate this speed and power, and develop a concentration to focus all of your body’s strength into a small, hard striking surface like the edge of the hand or the heel of the foot.
1. Students and instructors will bow to the national flags each time they enter or leave the classroom area to demonstrate respect to the instructors and fellow students.
2. If students are late for class, they should ask permission to enter class. Permission must be obtained to leave the classroom for each class.
3. All students must turn in their training card for each class.
4. Students will respond “Yes/No, Sir or Madam” in conversation with instructors, stand respectfully and address them by their last name and proper title.
5. Students will turn away from instructor or opponent when adjusting uniform or belt.
6. Students are encouraged to participate in class enthusiastically; however, they are to avoid unnecessary conversation.
7. No students, regardless of rank, may instruct or correct another student without permission from the supervising instructor.
8. Female students must wear a white T-shirt under their uniform.
9. A clean uniform is imperative in each class as a reflection of the student’s pride.
10. Students will not wear shoes on the workout floor.
11. All belts shall be tied to hang evenly, as one side represents the mind and the other side represents the body.
12. No jewelry shall be in class except for a wedding ring.
13. Students may not engage in free sparring without all proper gear and direct supervision of an instructor.
14. There will be no use of profanity on the school premises at any time.
15. Permission from the student’s instructor is required before a student may attend another martial arts function.
16. High ranking visitors to the class should be greeted with appropriate respect. If class is in session, all members should immediately stop and bow.
17. Students, parents and guests will not converse with any person involved in a class session without permission from the instructor.
18. No food, drink or gum may be consumed in the center.
19. Place clothes neatly and quietly in the locker room. School or club owner is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
3046 S. Valley Ave., Winchester, VA 22601 (540) 722-2777 / (703) 984-9099 / firstname.lastname@example.org